Since 2001, the VSSA has supported and helped develop competitive adult soccer in the state of Vermont. The Vermont State Soccer Association is the official governing body representing U.S. Soccer and U.S. Adult Soccer in the green mountain state.
This includes administering player accident insurance, liaising, supporting, and building stronger ties between Vermont Youth Soccer and Vermont State Referee Committee, supporting and underwriting team and league participation, representing Vermont at regional and national USASA and USSF conferences, and working to support the growth of adult leagues around the State.
Through its affiliation with the United States Adult Soccer Association the VSSA is a volunteer based, representative body composed of soccer officials throughout the State dedicated to acting in the best interests of our sport and our players.
As an affiliated VSSA league your league and directors will have access to the following:
- Directors & Officers (D&O) Liability Insurance for league officials. The VSSA provides a general liability insurance policy offered to your league’s directors and officers at no cost through USASA. What this means is that your league directors and officer, who often are volunteers, have a general liability policy behind them if claims are made against them. For more information on D&O liability insurance click here.
- General Liability (GL) insurance coverage package provided to USASA members is superior to any other offered plan for soccer related organizations. It protects team, league, state and national entities for lawsuits filed by players, field owners and members of the public. For more information on GL insurance coverage click here.
- Partnership with Vermont Referee Committee, USSF certified referees and assigners. Quality of play during matches is largely impacted by officiating. All game officials working VSSA-affiliated matches are USSF certified. This means they have undergone training to reach at least Grade 7.
- All registered league players will be covered with a $5,000 Medical Participant Accident Insurance (PAI) Policy protecting them during VSSA league play.
- Entry into regional and national tournaments. Although Vermont has not fielded a team for any regional or national tournament play, there are opportunities in men’s, women’s, and co-ed competition outside of Vermont. We also have the opportunity to host tournament play. This is a benefit that VSSA is actively developing.
For more information on how to become a VSSA affiliated league please contact us.